Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Granddaughters - One of God's Gifts to Grandparents

It was 7:30 A.M. one recent morning and I was just about to step in the tub when the phone rang. It was Elizabeth, my daughter's oldest girl, and she was anxious to fill me in on all her news. She and her hubby are buying a new home and she wanted to share all the details with me. She was all aglow describing the house and trying to pin me down on when we would be visiting again so she could show the house to us. They are the proud parents of a beautiful baby boy and wanted a home of their own so he could have a backyard to play in. It was so sweet of her to want to share her joy with me. It had a lasting effect on me all day....

The Lord has truly blessed me with three wonderful granddaughters and four handsome grandsons. Being able to share things with them either by phone, computer or in person makes being a grandparent a true gift from God.

Until tomorrow or whenever may you be blessed.

Tiffy

8 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

I have to agree ... especially since some of your grandchildren are my kiddos ;) Now just how is your day going Tiffy? I went to the doctors for a check up today ... Little Nathan had a rough night with elusive sleep ... so that means I got very little too. He stayed home with me today. Say hello to Pop.


xxx Buffy xxx

Pat said...

I was just making an attempt at writing a blog about grand-parenting and decided to put it aside for now and read others for inspiration...and there you were!
I only have two grandsons - both in college. Like yours - they are truly a blessing. Being a grandparent is one of the sweetest gifts in life.
Blessing & Joy-
Pat

sparrow's song said...

What a sweet and uplifting post about family. Unfortunately my family isn't quite that close. I hope her house is everything she dreams it could be...and more.

Such a pleasure to meet you.

Sara said...

you've got a fine blog going here tiffy! keep it up!

Constance said...

Welcome to the WWB (Wide World of Blogging)! Mrs. Mac sent me on over to visit.

I think it's wonderful to be able to keep in touch with our loved ones and make new friends through blogging. I am trying to convince my mother who is 69 to get computer savy. I fear it's an LONG, uphill battle! I'll be lucky to get her to write her "memoirs" for me to go into the family's Genealogy Book I'm working on!

Having 2 grand-daughters that live out of state, I am asking for a webcam for my computer and theirs so I can "see" my girlies and visit with them on the computer!
Connie

Maggie Ann said...

You are blessed! Family makes life so special...

Mrs. Mac said...

Oh Tiffy! Where are you?? Come out, come out wherever you are.

Deb said...

Hello Tiffy!

I'm not a Grandma (or a great grandma) our daughter is five - although I'm OLD ENOUGH to be a Grandma! (started a family late!)
Family is God's greatest blessing I think!

Welcome to the world of blogging!
I'll be back to check on you soon.